SIN: Iggy's

My first taste of French fries ice cream paired with caviar!

Iggy's is a fabulous restaurant housed inside Hilton Singapore (5*) that continues to push culinary boundaries. Established in 2004 by a local restaurateur named Ignatius 'Iggy' Chan, the modern European restaurant has been awarded One Michelin Star since 2017. Iggy's has also previously made it to the list of The World's Best 50 Restaurants.


I went for the Table D'Hote lunch that's priced at S$105.00 per person.


Vegetable Juice (Set Menu)

After having my order taken, I was presented with a small glass of vegetable juice that was pretty refreshing without tasting too grassy. I probably don't need to give a score for this one.


Hors D'Oeuvre (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

One of the light bites was inspired by burrata tomato salad. I enjoyed the crunchy base that had quite an intense tomato flavour, complementing the soft, creamy burrata well.


As for the deep-fried sphere, each of them was quite airy with a slightly crunchy texture on the outside. The comfortingly soft, mushy filling was mildly savoury.


French Fries Ice Cream (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

I got quite excited when the server mentioned the name of the dish. The taste turned out to be more like roasted potatoes, but not that I minded at all. The slight sweetness of the ice cream was accentuated by the salty caviar.


Rye Bread (Set Menu)
Taste: 9/10

The moment I bit into Iggy's rye bread infused with Guinness stout, I immediately fell in love with it. Served warm with a side of unsalted butter, the highly fragrant bread had a nice crunch to it. Pika's advice: I suppose if you ask nicely, like the patrons seated next to me, you can score a second serving of the rye bread.


Shiso Gazpacho (Set Menu)
Taste: 8.5/10

The so-called 'To Start' dish finally came to the table after the bread. I opted for the modernised version of the Andalusian chilled soup made of raw, blended vegetables, which was also infused with shiso leaves. It was made even more delightful with refreshing cucumber sorbet, highly succulent Japanese heirloom tomatoes and bouncy cheese curds.


Capellini (Set Menu)
Taste: 9/10

For the second course, I chose Iggy's signature thin pasta that tasted wonderful as it was tossed with lobster oil and broth made of konbu (Japanese kelp). Topped with crunchy sakura ebi (Japanese dried small shrimps) for an umami explosion, it was a savoury, smoky dish that hit all the right spots.


Suckling Pig (Set Menu)
Taste: 9/10

My choice of suckling pig for the main course was gratifying, although the meat was pretty thin. Marinated and sous vide for hours, the pork was really succulent with an addictively crispy skin attached to it. It was accompanied by a piece of roasted pumpkin and caramelised pear purée that almost made me want to lick the plate clean.


Opera Cake (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

At last, for dessert, I went for the coffee sponge cake with Manjari ganache, a type of fruity dark chocolate with 64% cocoa solid content. It was rich enough, but not extraordinary. The lunch not only exposed me to French fries ice cream for the first time; it was also my virgin experience with rye bread ice cream that was quite fragrant, but not as fantastic as expected.


I purposely uploaded the photo above to show you the size of the cake in comparison to the plate. Haha!


Petit Fours (Set Menu)
Taste: 7.5/10

When I thought it was all over, the server brought one last plate of sweets to the table. The soursop jelly cube coated with sugar was surprisingly quite intense in flavour, which I really enjoyed. The raspberry macaron was just a tad too sweet for my liking, but thankfully the praline wasn't as sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Iggy’s is also known to have an extensive 25,000-bottle list of Burgundy wines that have been carefully selected and stored over the years.

Iggy's

581 Orchard Road
3/F Hilton Singapore
Singapore
(Tue-Sat: 12 noon - 1.30pm for last seating, 7.00pm - 9.30pm for last seating)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market