SIN: Dallas Restaurant & Bar

Life-changing salt and pepper calamari!

Dallas in Texas, the USA always brings back memories to me, so much so that I purposely went to the restaurant that goes by the name of the city when it was still operating at Suntec City. I've been pretty much hooked since then. At the point of writing, there's a branch at Boat Quay, which is the focus of today's post, and another one at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands.


Salt and Pepper Calamari S$16.00
Taste: 9.5/10 

Perhaps I was really hungry that day, but trust me, I seriously couldn't stop munching on the signature appetiser that's truly above the rest. The flash fried calamari was utterly fresh and springy, coated with delightfully airy batter and mildly seasoned with salt and pepper. It came with a small wedge of lemon and sweet chili mayonnaise.


St. Louis Farmland USA Pork Ribs (Half Rack) S$30.00
Taste: 7.5/10 

I'm still lamenting the fact that Tony Roma's has left Singapore after around 25 years. It was a pity that the pork ribs that I tried at Dallas Restaurant & Bar wasn't as good, but certainly better than average. I was hoping for it to be more succulent, but the berry sauce was enjoyably sweet and smoky. It came with coleslaw and fries that were executed well. Pika's advice: You can get the half rack ribs for S$20.00 on Mondays.


Dallas Fajitas (Chargrilled Beef) S$30.00
Taste: 7.5/10

Served on a skillet were some adequately tender that were accompanied by caramelised onions. The flour tortillas, which were nicely soft and chewy, came to the table warm. I found the tomato salsa to be fresh, but the guacamole was somewhat lacking in depth. If you're not a fan of beef, you can opt for the chicken or vegetarian version.


Key Lime Pie S$12.00
Taste: 8/10

The dinner ended with a lovely key lime pie that managed to jolt my taste buds in a good way, thanks to the intense sweet and sour flavours. The denser bottom layer, which appeared yellow due to the use of egg yolks, was balanced by the creamy top layer. The crust, while buttery enough for my liking, could be crumblier.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

I can't wait for the next opportunity to savour the awesome calamari again.

Dallas Restaurant & Bar

31 Boat Quay
Singapore
(Daily: 11.30am - 10.30pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market