SIN: The Whale Tea [Takeaway]

Fancy a blue whale?

I can count with the fingers on one hand the number of times I get a drink from a specialty drink store in a year or perhaps more. Therefore, today's post is something rather rare. Originating from Nanjing, The Whale Tea is one of the largest beverage and dessert stores in China, offering something different than the usual bubble tea.


There used to be a branch near my place of residence at Cross Street Exchange (fr. China Square Central), but it's permanently closed now.


Orca Milk Tea (Regular) S$4.20
Taste: 6/10

First of all, I tried the milk tea that came with caramel jelly. Compared to a few other milk tea beverages out there, The Whale Tea's version wasn't that fragrant in my opinion. The caramel jelly, however, was pretty good as it was silky and a bit chewy. I suppose its texture was rather similar to that of aiyu (lit. loving jade) jelly.


Blue Whale Coconut Milk (Regular) S$4.20
Taste: 7.5/10

The most appealing drink that I got in terms of appearance turned out to be the best. The coconut milk was quite fragrant, even though it could be richer for sure. I found the texture of the turquoise jelly to be lighter and chewier than its caramel counterpart, not forgetting to mention that the fruity taste was also more palatable to me.


Cucumber Chia Seed Milk (Regular) S$4.80
Taste: 6.5/10

I suspect the beverage featuring finely chopped cucumbers and chia seeds was a limited edition as I couldn't find it in their website as of 26 May 2021. While I enjoyed the fresh cucumber taste, it caused the milk, which wasn't so thick to begin with, to be slightly diluted. The soft and slightly slimy hydrated chia seeds added to the fun texture of the concoction.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10

I'm interested to try one of their drinks that features peach gum collagen lava someday. Pika's advice: Last year, The Whale Tea offered DIY bubble tea kits to its customers. I'm not too sure if the stores still do now, but you may want to check it out.

The Whale Tea

180 Kitchener Road
#B2-K7 City Square Mall
Singapore
(Mon-Fri: 10.00am - 10.00pm;
Sat-Sun: 10.00am-10.30pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market