SIN: Red Lips Foods Pte. Ltd

Kueh pie tee, anyone?

I'm going to write just a short review today... School is driving me crazy; I have tons of assignments piling up on my desk, not to forget the two Chemistry mid-term exams I'm going to sit for next week. Anyway, after the first CCA session of the semester at Geylang Methodist Primary School in the morning, I dropped by the World Food Fair 2011 at the Suntec City Convention Centre and bought a few kueh pie tee from a stall run by Red Lips, one of the leading suppliers of kueh pie tee cups in Singapore.


Kueh Pie Tee (4 pcs) S$2.00
Taste: 7/10

For those who have no idea what kueh pie tee is, it's a Peranakan cuisine of deep-fried dough cups which are traditionally filled with vegetables such as jicama or bangkwang and carrot and other ingredients such as eggs and prawns. Anyway, the one that I tried this afternoon was quite nice. Each cup was thin and crispy, and somehow the taste reminded me of Indofood's Chitato, an all-time favourite potato chips snack commonly found in Indonesia. The chili sauce wasn't too hot, and it did taste like the one eaten with chicken rice. Too bad the julienned jicama weren't that crunchy, but they weren't soggy either.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10

Pika's advice: You can make your own kueh pie tee creations by buying the cups from the supplier! Take a look at the website below. Also, I'll write down the main address of the supplier.

Red Lips Foods Pte. Ltd

Blk 3017, Bedok North Street 5
Gourmet East Kitchen, #06-32
Singapore
(Opening hours unknown - Anyone knows?)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)