SIN: Myke's Oven Café {MOVED}

Croissant with savoury fillings...?

UPDATE (18/04/2018): The café has moved to 63 Brighton Crescent.

Let's start with a light review this month. I chanced upon a small bakery café in Bukit Timah, which offers a Croissant Set Meal at S$5.00, to chill out. Choices include Tuna Mayo Croissant, Egg Mayo Croissant and Chicken Mayo Croissant, and the croissant comes with a pot of tea. I came there on a weekday at a very odd hour, and thus no other customers were inside. It really felt as if I owned the café LOL...


Chicken Mayo Croissant (Set Menu)
Taste: 7.5/10

Although I hoped that it could be crispier that it could crumble in my mouth, the croissant was nevertheless enjoyable. The chicken was really tender, and it blended well with the mayonnaise. The raisins added an extra sweetness to the croissant, which was great.


Chili Crab Danish S$1.60
Taste: 4.5/10

I'd expected earlier that there wouldn't be real crab meat inside, and of course, they used crab sticks. I didn't mind the crab sticks, but the danish was kinda disappointing because it wasn't spicy at all. It wasn't that bad actually, but it was too sweet for my liking. The danish was even less crispy (i.e. not crispy at all) than the croissant.


Twinings Earl Grey Tea (Set Menu)

Ah yes, I forgot to mention earlier that the set meal came with Twinings Earl Grey Tea! I've grown to like the taste of this particular tea. I remember the first time I drank this was when I stayed in Shangri-La Hotel in Jakarta (gosh, I really love that hotel!) when I was young(er). I thought the aroma of bergamot was disagreeable and stopped drinking after one sip haha...

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 6.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

The waitress the other day couldn't really speak English, and since she spoke Chinese all the way, I had no choice but to speak in Chinese (forget about how bad my Chinese is). But I had to admit that she tried to be friendly. Pika's advice: No advice for today, but well, take a look at the selection of pastry the bakery has to offer. Some of them do look pretty appetising.

Myke's Oven Café

88 Jalan Jurong Kechil
Singapore
(Mon-Sat: 9.00am - 9.00pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market