MFM: Choi Heong Yuen Bakery @ Cotai Water Jet (咀香園餅家@金光飛航)

Free upgrade = free snacks!

Some people argue that a trip to HK wouldn't be complete without visiting the other Special Administrative Region of China, which is Macau. Previously, I had never booked seats online with the ferry company, but I did for my family last month. To our delight, we were given a free upgrade to the Cotai First seat each.


Trays of snacks were distributed gratis to the passengers sitting on the upper deck of the ferry, comprising assorted goods from Choi Heong Yuen Bakery and a beverage of choice. The said bakery is one of the oldest in the region, having many outlets that are forever busy with many customers. 


Choi Heong Yuen Goods
Almond Cake with Pumpkin Seeds - Taste: 8/10
Mini Walnut Cookie - Taste: 8/10
Sesame Peanut Candy - Taste: 7/10
Phoenix Egg Roll with Shredded Pork Jerky - Taste: 9/10

The best item was the thin and crispy egg roll that was aromatic, complemented by savoury pork jerky. The walnut cookie was nicely crumbly and buttery, while the almond cake was fragrant, studded with a few pumpkin seeds. The sesame peanut candy wasn't overly sweet. It was a bit sticky, but not to the point of getting stuck all over the teeth.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 9/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 8/10

Despite the heavy rain outside, the ride wasn't too bumpy. As I sipped my heart-warming jasmine tea, I really felt grateful that I was finally able to sponsor my family for a trip, after all the trips that my mom had brought me for in the past. Pika's advice: Note that depending on weather and the predicted bumpiness of the sea, hot beverages may not be served.

Cotai Water Jet

Cotai First Class


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)