KEN: Turkish Airlines Lounge @ Jomo Kenyatta International Airport

You can get stewed Turkish meatballs there, but...

Turkish Airlines operates a small lounge at Terminal 1E of Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, Kenya. My BFF and I weren't flying out of the airport with Turkish Airlines, but we used our Priority Pass membership cards to gain access to its lounge.


Given the light breakfast that we had onboard KQ411, we had brunch there.


Cream of Pumpkin

I must say that the cream of pumpkin was the best item that I had there. Not only it had the right degree of thickness, it was naturally sweet as well. The croutons were crunchy and definitely not stale at all.


Assorted Stuff #1

The salad bar didn't look particularly interesting, so I only took those few items. The potatoes and tomatoes tossed with herbs were alright, but the pasta salad and the lightly pickled purple cabbages were rather tasteless.


Assorted Stuff #2

I thought the rice mixed with carrot cubes and chopped French beans would be flavourful, but it wasn't. The stewed chicken and meatballs were a tad too sweet for my liking, while the stir-fried vegetables somewhat overly cooked.


Assorted Stuff #3

Still feeling peckish, I had a sandwich filled with ham, tomato and cucumber slices. Besides that, I also had a minced meat spring roll. There were a few children inside the lounge who kept taking some popcorns, which unfortunately were rather stale.


Assorted Stuff #4

To go with coffee (see below), I took a spice cookie and a piece of chocolate cake that was moist. The cut fruits - watermelon, pineapple and orange - weren't superbly fresh, but they were juicy.


Beverages

I decided to give alcoholic drinks a miss and went for a cup of coffee first, which were rather thin for my liking. I also had a bottle of ginger ale, while my BFF tried some orange juice that turned out to be too sweet for my tongue. Pika's advice: I didn't really pay a close attention to it, but I think there's a decent selection of booze there.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 5.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

The food was passable, but we were glad that the lounge was pretty quiet that morning. 


Turkish Airlines Lounge @ Jomo Kenyatta International Airport

Terminal 1E
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
Nairobi
Kenya
(Twenty Four / Seven)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included under Priority Pass.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market