UAE: Etihad Airways EY97 (Economy)

Surprisingly good cheesy vegetarian fusilli!

It was time to leave the UAE and fly to a familiar place once again to visit my sister. My BFF and I flew out of Abu Dhabi to Istanbul, Turkey with Etihad Airways EY97. My sister took the same flight two years ago, when she received a complimentary upgrade to Business Class at the gate.


Unfortunately, we weren't that lucky. Haha...




EY Meal

Potato Salad Taste: 7.5/10

Served slightly chilled, the potato salad whetted my appetite. Not overly coated with dressing, the potato cubes kept their firm texture. The appetiser could use a pinch of sugar to achieve greater balance of flavours.

Chicken Biryani Taste: 7.5/10

I can't remember the other meat-based main course, but my BFF opted for the one of Indian origin. The long-grain rice was fluffy enough for my liking. Buried under it were boneless chicken chunks, which were adequately succulent.

Vegetarian Fusilli Taste: 8/10

For a change, I decided to give the vegetarian main course a try, and I really enjoyed it. The corkscrew-shaped pasta cooked with bell peppers came with delightfully sweet and sour tomato sauce, as well as stringy cheese.

Chocolate Roll Cake Taste: 7.5/10

A kind of chocolate-flavoured roll cake dusted with castor sugar was served for dessert. Sitting on custard cream that was mildly sweet, it was pretty moist. I was hoping that it'd be richer in taste though.

Bread

The bread was pretty similar to that served onboard EY642, but softer in terms of texture.

Beverages

My BFF had Sprite, while I had orange juice. Neither of us asked for any alcoholic drinks. At the end of the meal, I requested for a cup of tea that was quite strong.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Has anyone tried flying in Etihad's The Residence? Pika's advice: Did you know gourmet snacks are sold to Economy Class passengers on long-haul flights?


Etihad Airways

Economy Class Cabin
Airbus 330-200


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market