SIN: Bongo Burgers

Crispy chicken wings with Thai chili sauce!

I've recently had the chance to visit the Singapore Zoo again after 10 years. While walking through the replicas of habitats all over the world did bring back fond memories, it was dining at Bongo Burgers again that I was anticipating at the end of the day, despite the fact that I didn't enter the Night Safari afterwards.


My two little bears came along for the trip. I wonder who'll come with me when I visit the River Safari in the near future for the first time in my life.


Crispy Wings S$12.90
Taste: 8.5/10

To kickstart the early dinner, I tucked into chicken wings that were truly crispy as suggested by the name. Each of them was full of flavours, but it'd be even better if they were a little bit juicier. The accompanying Thai chili sauce was thick and robust, being sweet, sour and spicy at the same time.


Turkey Ham Pasta S$13.90
Taste: 8/10

I can't recall if they served pasta dishes a decade ago. In any case, I decided to give the dual-coloured fusilli a try, which was executed pretty well. Not only did it have adequate slices of turkey ham, but also the tomato-based sauce was sweet and rich. I must say that the portion was pretty huge.


Bongo Beef Burger S$15.90
Taste: 7.5/10

A trip to the eatery wouldn't be complete without trying its signature beef burger. While the minced beef patty was really meaty, it wasn't as succulent as I wanted it to be. The tomato salsa was pretty fresh and mild, complementing the burger well. Besides that, the fries were crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside. 

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

You can get the a stage-side view of the fiery Thumbuakar Performance from the al fresco eatery. Pika's advice: Drinks come with hefty price tags, but you can bring home the souvenir cup as shown below! 


Bongo Burgers

80 Mandai Lake Road
Night Safari Entrance Plaza
Singapore
(Daily: 5.30pm - 12 midnight)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)