SKR: Asiana Business Class Lounge (Central) @ Incheon International Airport

Deliciously crispy Korean fried chicken!

After a short hop from Osaka, Japan with Asiana Airlines OZ111, my BFFs and I had slightly less than 3 hours of transit at Incheon International Airport in South Korea. Before flying with OZ761 in the Business Class to Jakarta, Indonesia, we spent some time at one of the lounges to relax and have a quick bite.


Melon was salivating over the Korean fried chicken. She had a really good reason for that.


Assorted Stuff #1

From the salad bar, I took some fusilli nicely coated with tomato sauce and barley mixed with green peas, chickpeas and kidney beans. The only reason why I took a bit of iceberg lettuce and a cherry tomato was to try the kiwi dressing, which turned out to be pretty sweet, but without much flavour of the said fruit.


Assorted Stuff #2

Honestly, I didn't expect the crispy fried chicken to be so good. The skin was nicely seasoned too, having a nice balance of the sweet and the savoury. The spicy pork slices weren't bad either, while the sautéed broccoli and mushrooms were pretty juicy and garlicky. I don't have a lot to say about the spaghetti aglio olio, but it was moist alright.


Soup

Boy, that was such a hearty bowl of egg drop soup! Thanks to cornstarch, the soup had an enjoyably thick consistency. It came with fish cake slices and some vegetables. I actually went for a second round.


Porridge

This is pretty random, but I was suddenly reminded of the awesome Korean abalone porridge that I had in Hansung Restaurant in Jeju Island years ago. Though I was already feeling quite stuffed by then, I just had to try a bit of the porridge. Having shredded chicken and mushrooms, it tasted homely and pretty delicious.


Chilsung Cider & Maeil Milk

Not wanting to drink too much caffeine, I decided not to drink coffee. Instead, I took a glass of Chilsung Cider, which is the Korean counterpart of Sprite. As I'm not able to read Hangul at all, I gambled by taking that packet drink, which turned out to be full cream milk.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

BTW, you can have as many Korean instant noodle cups as you want inside the lounge. Pika's advice: You can also access the lounge when you're holding a long-haul Economy Smartium ticket to fly in the Airbus 350-900 to the USA, Europe or Australia. 


Asiana Lounge Business Class Lounge (Central)
@ Incheon International Airport

Terminal 1, Near Gate 26
Incheon International Airport
Incheon
South Korea
(Daily: 5.00am - 12 midnight)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]