CAN: Richmond Night Market

Uber fresh BBQ squid with tantalising spiciness!

Call me Asian, but the first major attraction that I went to in Metro Vancouver, Canada was Richmond Night Market. I've been to awesome night markets in Taiwan, but I still made it a point to drop by the largest night market in North America that operates only during summer.


I wasn't that hungry, but went ahead to sample a few stalls with my BFF. The aroma of BBQ squid was the first thing that made me reach for my wallet.


BBQ Spicy Mixed Squid C$13.00 (~S$13.50)
Taste: 9/10

I know it's expensive, but frankly speaking, that was the best BBQ squid I've ever had in a night market setting. Given that Metro Vancouver is blessed with the abundance of fresh seafood, the squid that we had were truly juicy and crunchy. They were appetisingly spicy and made me sweat a little bit at 14 degree Celsius.


By the time we reached at the macaroni and cheese stall, they'd ran out of BBQ pulled pork.


Classic Four Cheese Mac Snacc C$8.00 (~S$8.30)
Taste: 8/10

My BFF and I shared a portion that used four different types of cheese, though I didn't ask what they were. We found the portion to be quite substantial. The upper layer layer of the cheese was torched before the whole thing was sprinkled with some crispy bits and chopped parsley. Without being overly rich, it was tasty.


How about something sweet?


Maple Syrup Waffle Tower C$5.00 (~S$5.20)
Taste: 7.5/10

By sweet, I mean something not too heavy. Instead of opting for those with whipped cream and all sorts of toppings, I chose the classic maple syrup. I believe that was my first time having skewered waffle, which turned out to be somewhat crispy and fluffy at the same time.


Last but not least, let's get up close and personal with what I think is the mascot of the night market.


Angel Ducky Mango Pudding C$6.50 (~S$6.75)
Taste: 7.5/10

I just had to get the mango pudding as it's too adorable, even though I didn't feel like disfiguring it. One of its wings had fallen off when it was served though. Texture wise, it was quite jiggly. The mango flavour was quite intense, though it would've been better had it been slightly less sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10

For 2019, the night market is running every Friday to Sunday from 10 May to 14 October. Pika's advice: Do note that there's an admission fee of C$4.75 (~S$4.95) per person aged 8 to 59 years old. The counter does not accept C$50 and C$100 bills.


Richmond Night Market

8351 River Road
Richmond
British Columbia
Canada
(Fri-Sat: 7.00pm - 12 midnight,
Sun: 7.00pm - 11.00pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market