HKG: The Bridge @ Hong Kong International Airport

Sugar rush with decadent dessert!

During our layover in Hong Kong, my BFF and I'd initially decided to spend our time at Cathay Pacific's The Wing. However, it turned out to be really crowded. As there were almost no seats available, we decided to go to The Bridge instead near Gate 35. We sampled some of the food items offered at the lounge.


Knowing that we'd be having another meal soon, we tried not to take too much.


Dim Sum & Soup

I was rather disappointed to see that there were only two types of dim sum items available: BBQ pork bun and beef dumpling. The former was fluffy enough, while the latter wasn't as moist as I'd like it to be. I really like the hearty soup featuring wintermelons, peanuts and red dates.


Assorted Stuff #1

The kale salad was quite fresh, while the potato and tuna salad wasn't bad either. There were two types of thin crust pizzas - four cheese and BBQ chicken - that were replenished regularly as they were pretty popular among guests. I took a piece of the latter, which was crispy and had an adequate amount of cheese.


Assorted Stuff #2

The chicken stew with apricot was pretty sweet and tender, going well with the couscous and chickpeas flavoured with lemon juice. The spinach ravioli wasn't executed well as the pasta was doughy and the baked sweet potatoes weren't memorable either.


Sweet Items

I'd certainly vouch for the sweet items. My most favourite item was the chocolate muffin that had a runny centre, followed by the velvety green tea mousse topped with almond crumbs. The egg tart was quite sweet and crispy, while the bread pudding with vanilla sauce was buttery enough for my liking.


Bar Bites & Schweppes Spicy Ginger Beer

The moment I saw sesame prawn toasts near the bar counter, I just had to get one. It was crispy and not overly oily. I also took a skewer of mozarella and cherry tomatoes, a slice of salami and gherkin. To accompany the bar bites, I had a can of ginger beer, which was the only drink that I had there.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Though not as crowded as The Wing, The Bridge had a busy afternoon as well. Pika's advice: Snag a seat at the bar counter if you can. Get something alcoholic and enjoy the view of the tarmac.


The Bridge @ Hong Kong International Airport

Level 5, Near Gate 35
Hong Kong International Airport
Hong Kong
(Daily: 5.30am - 12.30am)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market