QAT: The Royal Riviera Hotel [Breakfast]

Virgin experience with 'za'atar'!

For our stay in Doha, Qatar, my BFF and I booked a room at The Royal Riviera Hotel (4*) that didn't come with buffet breakfast. On one of the days, we decided to give it a try, paying QAR 50.00 (~S$18.55) each. Read further to see whether it was worth the money.


Assorted Stuff #1

There was a spread of vegetables available, although only some appeared crisp. The cherry tomatoes were bursting with juice, but I regretted taking the slices of portobello mushrooms that were really dry. The hummus (Levantine mashed chickpeas) was adequately creamy, while the cheese and cold cuts were alright.


Assorted Stuff #2

The stir-fried noodle, which came with black olives, was the nicest item on the plate. The stir-fried vegetables could be seasoned better, while the two lumps of assorted ingredients were simply unappetising. Have you noticed the dehydrated stir-fried mushrooms there?


Omelette

Of all the food that I had, the omelette from the egg station was the best. I requested for all of the available ingredients to go into it. The cook was really generous with the amount of cheese. Pika's advice: Take note that the chili can be quite spicy. 


Pastry & Cakes

The cakes were rather dry, but the pastry items weren't too shabby. The croissant wasn't that crispy, but it was buttery. The chocolate chip cookie looked weird, but it was crumbly enough for my liking. I enjoyed the crunchy pastry topped with za'atar (Middle Eastern mixed herbs and spices).


Fruits

The papaya and pineapple slices weren't that fresh. The watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe slices were fresher, but alas, they weren't sweet. If I were to choose one, I'd go for the honeydew.


Coffee

As soon as I was seated, a server asked me whether I'd like to have a cup of coffee or tea. I opted for the former, which turned out to be rather dilute in terms of flavours. I didn't see any other beverages available.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 5.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

We made the right decision not to pay more for a room inclusive of buffet breakfast.


The Royal Riviera Hotel

Al Safliya Street
Doha
Qatar
(Daily: 6.30am - 11.00pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market