QAT: Tea Time

Having a quick lunch, not tea time at Tea Time~

If you're looking for a place to have a piece of cake and tea, you can only get the latter at Tea Time. It's actually a brand of fast food eateries that has been around since 2002, offering quite a huge variety of burgers and sandwiches. I dropped by the conspicuous branch at Souq Waqif for lunch.


At the point of writing, there are at least 25 branches in Qatar and 20 others across the Gulf Cooperation Council countries.


Falafel Club QAR 12.00 (~S$4.45)
Taste: 7/10

Falafel (Middle Eastern deep-fried balls of chickpeas and broad beans) are no stranger to me, but it was my very first time having them stuffed in sandwiches with lettuce, cheese and a bit of mayonnaise. The fries tasted great, but it was a pity that they weren't that crispy.


Bahariya Sandwich QAR 12.00 (~S$11.15)
Taste: 6.5/10

I'd had no idea what would be inside that sandwich until I asked the person at the counter. I thought it'd be interesting to have shrimps inside a long sandwich, so I gave it a try. While the shrimps were quite succulent, they were too small in size. They were coated with a kind of sauce that was a bit sweet and a bit spicy.


Popcorn Chicken (Medium) QAR 15.00 (~S$5.55)
Taste: 6/10

I wasn't impressed with the popcorn chicken, though it was by no means bad. First of all, there weren't as many chicken bites as I thought as they were apparently mixed with fries. While they were acceptably tender, they could use less of the sauce that grew a tad too sweet towards the end.


Cocktail Shikaf QAR 15.00 (~S$5.55)
Taste: 7/10

A vitamin-laden drink made of tropical fruits, the smoothie-like drink topped with pineapple cubes helped to beat the heat of the midday sun. Banana was the strongest taste and fragrance that I detected from the drink, which could use less sugar to be a healthier choice.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 4.5/10
Overall: 5.5/10

I saw most people took away their order as there are only a few tables outside the eatery and none inside. Pika's advice: You may want to take note that Tea Time is actually pretty famous for its Karak Chai (Middle Eastern milk tea infused with spices), but I didn't order that as the sun was just too strong and I obviously didn't want to have any hot drinks. 


Tea Time

Al Souq Street
Souq Waqif
Doha
Qatar
(Twenty Four / Seven)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market