SIN: Ramada by Wyndham Singapore at Zhongshan Park [Breakfast]

Quite a hearty bowl of chicken congee for breakfast!

A mid-range hotel located next to Zhongshan Park in the Novena district, Ramada by Wyndham Singapore (4*) has been welcoming guests for staycation during the current Phase 2 of Reopening. The hotel states that it's providing boxed takeaway breakfast for the time being. However, my friend and I were allowed to have ours at its restaurant: New Ubin Seafood.


I wonder if such an arrangement was allowed due to the low occupancy rate last month. Anyway, each person is entitled to one breakfast set: Western or Asian. The only difference is in the main course.


Western Main Course

I requested for my egg to be scrambled. While it wasn't the fluffiest I've ever had, it was adequately moist. For the meat, I had pork bacon strips that were slightly crispy and not too dry. The grilled tomato was sweet and juicy. Moreover, it was good to see not just one, but two hash browns on the plate.


Asian Main Course

For the Asian set, my friend went for a bowl of chicken congee. It was adequately seasoned, in addition to being pretty smooth in terms of texture. Topped with shredded chicken, braised peanuts, fried shallots and pickles, the congee was more than decent. Pika's advice: Alternatively, you may want to go for Plain Congee, Laksa, Seafood Fried Rice or Vegetable Fried Vermicelli


Pastry

The croissant was lacking the crunch I was looking for, but it was somewhat buttery. As for the danish, it didn't look appetising at all. Obviously it wasn't crispy either, but the custard actually tasted not bad at all. Neither of us requested for white or wholemeal bread slices.


Fruits & Yogurt

I ordered all the four varieties of fruits available: apple, banana, pineapple and watermelon. The pineapples were overrripe, while the banana was barely ripe, so I took the latter home and ate it only when it turned yellow. As mentioned before elsewhere, I love Meiji yogurt with nata de coco.


Beverages

It was a pity that the coffee had too much milk, masking the aroma of the brew. The orange juice, on the other hand, tasted nice as it was smooth on the palate and not extremely sweet. I'm not too sure of the brand since I hardly buy packaged juice drinks from the supermarket, but I know I've had it before.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 7/10

Throughout the breakfast, there were only two other tables that were occupied.


Ramada by Wyndham Singapore at Zhongshan Park

16 Ah Hood Road
Singapore
(Daily: 7.00am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as semi-buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]